We Are Open for Hybrid Services!
The library is now open for hybrid services! Here’s how it works:
What services are offered in-person?
- Limited in-person services are offered Mondays & Wednesdays, 12-8 PM and Saturdays, 11 AM-4 PM.
- Brief browsing of books, audiobooks, and DVDs, as well as special displays
- Checkout and hold pickups
- Questions and limited assistance from library staff
- Computers, limited to one 45-minute session per day
- Library card registration and conversion from Online Cards
- Free Wi-Fi in the parking lot
What are the safety requirements for visiting the library?
- If you feel ill (cough, shortness of breath, muscle or body aches, vomiting or diarrhea, loss of taste or smell), have a temperature greater than 99.5°, or have recently been in close contact (15 minutes or more) with someone who has tested positive for COVID, do not visit the library.
- Masks are required by everyone over the age of 2. Masks required at all times and must cover the nose and mouth.
- Patrons must maintain a distance of 6’ from other users.
- Visits should be brief; 45 minutes for patrons using a computer and 20 minutes for patrons browsing to check out items.
- Building capacity is limited. If occupancy levels have been reached, there will be a wait before more patrons are allowed to enter the building.
- Do not eat or drink in the library.
What should I expect when I visit the library?
- When you arrive at the library, library staff will greet you. We’re happy to see you again!
- Please follow any signage you see posted throughout the library.
- If you need to return items, use the exterior book drop. Staff will not accept returned items at the checkout desk.
- We have slightly adjusted our interior layout in order to ensure social distance and occupancy levels are met. We are unable to offer seating areas at this time.
- You may ask staff to put up to five items on hold for you.
- Wi-Fi is only available in the parking lot; patrons may not stay in building to access Wi-Fi on personal devices.
- Hand-sanitizer is available throughout the library. We ask you to use the sanitizer when entering and leaving the building and before and after using the computers.
Are you still offering Curbside Services?
We are still offering curbside hold pickup and printing services Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12-7:30 PM and Saturdays, 11 AM-1 PM.
How do I use the computers?
- Patrons may reserve a computer for one 45-minute session per day.
- Call us at (302) 834-4148 up to 7 days ahead of time to reserve a computer. Please have your library card ready when you call.
- Computer time will not be extended.
- If you are 20 minutes or more late to your appointment time, your reservation may be canceled.
- Library staff may provide only limited assistance from a distance of 6 feet.
Can I copy, print, scan and fax?
- The library will print up to 20 pages (black and white) per day free of charge.
- Scanning, faxing, and photocopying services are available.
- Patrons can also continue to use our curbside printing service (en español) on the days the library is not open to the public.
What cleaning protocols are in place?
In accordance with CDC and local Health Department Guidance, libraries will clean high touch areas throughout the day. Just like any public space, entering and using library facilities is a personal decision and at your own risk.
Can I pay my fine?
Currently there are no overdue fines. If you have a fine for a lost or damaged item, you may pay that with a check, credit card, or cash.
Can I return items inside the building?
If you need to return items, use the exterior book drops. Staff will not accept returned items at the checkout desk.
I returned items but they are still listed on my account. Why?
Libraries are quarantining items for at least 72 hours. After the quarantine, items are checked in and backdated to their return date. You will not be fined.
Can I donate books to the library?
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept book donations at this time. Please do not leave donations on the steps or in front of the building, and do not place donations in the book drops. We will gladly accept donations once again in the future and will make that announcement when ready.
Services are subject to change. If you have any questions, please call the library at (302) 834-4148.